Thursday, July 12, 2018

How to create your own boho style! about the correlation between stress and weight gain! a baby boy!

What is boho style?



Boho style is all about vibrant colors, soft statements, elegance, nonchalantness, carelessness, the special feeling of living on a small island and the 3 s's. More specifically it is about leather, beads, tassels, fringes, corroded metal, lace, crocheted lace, intricate or simple, repitition! No bourgeois chic.





What makes jewelry/clothes BOHO?

 

Boho is about color and boho colors are: turquoise and pink and all of its variations and earthy colors! Mix a lot of shades of the same colors! What shows off vibrant colors? White, flowing, comfortable, loose fitting, long, maxi cotton muslin dresses!  If you want a print, think flowers, embroidered or painted! Feel the wind going through your dress and toying with the tassels of your bracelets, the fringes of your clothes!

Bogo jewelry is about LEATHER, mostly bracelets; cognac colored leather or very dark brown leather are basics! The bracelet should have beads, fringes, tassels, charms; it is about layers and layers, so be sure to wear lots of the same type of bracelets or make a statement with 1 very simple string bracelet.

And top this all with a wide brimmed hat! If you don't have a hat, a scarf around your hair will do also.

 I don't possess Ibiza or boho style clothes so I borrowed them from my daughter. Her whole family are Ibiza fans, especially my grand daughter in the picture above. I'll show you some dresses/outfits so you get the hang of it paired to a jewel or an accessory.


This dress (in the picture below) already has a necklace. Choose either the white leather bracelet with turquoise accents and corroded charms or the cognac leather bracelet with turquoise accents and metal charms.

LoveLea's cognac leather and white leather bracelet with metal charms
LoveLea's  2bracelets in cognac & white
with metal corroded and shiny charms.


Artfully mixed colors.
 Photo courtesy of Fred Vaessen.














The dress below is a more modern version with a little touch of neon; wear it loose with shorts or wear it with a belt, but not very tight; it should accent your hips or wear the belt as a choker or necklace. The beads are nice glass beads



LoveLea's white leather choker/belt with white beads
LoveLea's white leather choker/belt,
with white glass beads
Ibiza/boho colors with a modern touch;
 Photo courtesy of Fred Vaessen.




LoveLea's brown leather choker/belt with turquoise beads
LoveLea's brown leather choker/belt 
with turquoise beads

This chokers can be used as a choker in different ways: wrap the choker around your neck twice and let the ends accentuate your "poitrine"; or fold the choker in 2, lay it around your neck and pull the ends through the loop and show off the nice turquoise beads. And use it as a belt on a white mousseline dress.


They aren't all elaborate bracelets, I have some basics one too: a leather strap with a vintage glass bead.  Some of them have 2 glass beads, even 3. They used those turquoise beads to dress up their horses' attire in Turkey. Now they use acrylic beads and they call this progress and modernity! All of bracelets open and close with a sliding knot. Wear just one or combine 3 strings or even 4.

LoveLea's leather string bracelet with vintage glass bead & sliding knot
LoveLea's leather string bracelet
vintage glass bead & sliding knot
LoveLea's leather bracelet with 3 vintage glass beads & sliding knot
LoveLea's leather string bracelets
 with 3 vintage glass beads & sliding knot














Although the following dress isn't a typical boho dress, the colors are right. This 4 wrap bracelet/2 wrap choker in cognac leather & wooden beads that can be spaced to your liking looks, definitely all right with this dress.

Owners beach dress in boho colors
My beach dress in boho colors.
LoveLea's leather 4 wrap bracelet/2 wrap choker, wooden beads
LoveLea's leather 4 wrap bracelet
or 2 wrap choker,  wooden beads.














And of course, there should be lace, crocheted lace, por favor! And wear a longleather tassel earring dangling from 1 ear! That is a statement!


Strapless top with lace.  Courtesy of .F Vaessen
Strapless top with lace. Courtesy of .F Vaessen

I designed and created a long tassel (10 à 12 cm) earring in 2 boho colors: pink and turquoise. Would style great with this strapless lace top:


LoveLea's pink leather tassel earring, boho style
LoveLea's  leather earring,
boho style

I want to close this sequence about boho style and boho jewels with one of my favorite pictures: my daughter and grand daughther in Ibiza:




Stress and weight gain!

The week before my birthday party I was very stressed: will the rented table and chairs be all right? will the food and the beverages be sufficient? the cooking and preparing of the food etc. But all went well. 


Then there was the extra tableware to wash and stash away, extra laundry to do, empty bottles to get rid off... When I sat down to eat, I was all nerves, on edge and jittery: I couldn't take time to chew my food and just kind of swallowed it down my throat. I felt hungry all the time, ate a bit of every thing my eye got hold on.With the result that I started to put weight on! That set me on alarm and then it downed on me that I didn't chew my food as I should. In 2 days I regained my newly acquired good habit of chewing thoroughly my food and my weight went down again, thank God!


It's a boy!


You remember my highly pregnant niece from my 65th birthday party? She gave birth to a cute, lovely baby boy; my grand daughter isn't the youngest one any more!

Are you used to my new colors? Do you like them? I'm not sure yet if I like it better; it is lighter, that's for sure.

That's it for this week. I have a nice weekend in prospect. I'll tell you about it.

1 comment:

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped