Thursday, July 19, 2018

3 Glam & chic leather necklaces! After 40 years back on a horse! Win facing your fear!

Glam and chic: leather/chunky-chain necklaces!


I love the combination of leather and chunky chains! It inspires me and more ideas keep popping up in my head. About 3 weeks ago,  I needed more chains and went to my shop, Veritas. My blood drained and I felt a big panic coming up: no chains in the usual place!!! I asked a shop assistant and she showed me the front of the shop: there they were in a big box and on sale!!!  Good that I went that day: I had wanted to go a couple days earlier but was prevented. I came on the right day,  just in time! I bought all what was left: 2 spools of meters and meters of chunky chain and 3 spools of smaller chains! 

This is what I call a windfall! in which everybody has its part: the shop is rid of stuff that isn't selling, I have my chains for a good price and I can sell my creations for a good price! Honesty is the best policy! 


LoveLea's glam leather pool wear necklace
LoveLea's glam leather pool wear necklace

Last week, I felt like making  necklaces: I measured my neck, estimated how much of chain and how much of leather would be required, cut out the strips and made the necklace or choker, as you wish: it was a bit tight around my neck;  I forgot to take in count the thickness of the chain; so the cerulean blue one is for somebody with a small neck, the white one fits me as a glove.

White is easy to match and will look gorgeous with your tan; the cerulean blue necklace will look good with or without tan.

LoveLea's glam leather pool wear necklace
LoveLea's glam white leather necklace

LoveLea's glam leather pool wear necklace
LoveLea's glam cerulean leather necklace
















A long piece/strip of black leather has been laying around for quite some time: my eye was drawn to it: bingo, the strip had the right width, maybe a bit long. I started weaving the leather strip through a 20 cm of chain, tried it on: perfect and very chic! I attached the snap buttons and here is a very chic black leather chunky-chain necklace. The metal has a pink shine and this makes it  less bling, more chic!


LoveLea's black leather chunky chain necklace/choker
LoveLea's black leather chunky chain necklace/choker

The necklace measures 41,5 cm.

LoveLea's black leather chunky chain necklace/choker
LoveLea's black leather chunky chain necklace/choker

All my creations are available at my FB-shop: https://www.facebook.com/denyshildemaria.lovelea 

Horseback riding!



My daughter's youngest, 8 years old, is horseback riding since  a couple of months. And she just loves it. She is a quiet girl but when horses and riding come in the picture, she opens up. That made my daughter curious about riding and she made a reservation for last Sunday and there we went, all 5 of us. My husband fell of a horse when he was young and didn't want to experience this again.

The instructor saddled the horses and gave my granddaughter little tasks to do, very clever of her. We were all a bit nervous since neither my son-in-law nor my grand son were ever on a horse back. My daughter rode a couple of times and I rode 40 years back!


Grand daughter carrying her saddle. Courtesy of Lis Vaessen
Grand daughter carrying her saddle;
courtesy of Lis Vaessen


The whole of Saturday and the Sunday morning my grand daughter had been worrying about the horse she would be riding. She asked the instructor which horse she could ride and she asked: which horse you want? she said Sue and the instructor said: Sue it will be. My grandson mounted Splash, Sue's friend.

Grand daughter on horseback; courtesy of Lis Vaessen
Grand daughter on horseback;
courtesy of Lis vaessen.
Grand son on horseback; courtesy of Lis Vaessen
Grand son on horse back;
courtesy of Lis Vaessen.












The instructor gave the most concise instructions: how to turn left and right, kick your horse to go! and the rules: don't let your horse eat, don't leave a gap between the horses and Wayne should go last because he kicks!!!! Wayne was my horse. I was secretly relieved that I hadn't to ride a horse, labelled as biting, but the instructor gave me a kicking horse.  We went off leisurely to the adjacent national park.

All went well; I felt grand and young on a horse again, took me way back to my teenage years! I enjoyed my horse, the ride, being in the open and the environment. We even saw a heron, fishing in a pond. My grandson (who was just in front of me) just loved it: his horse went left when he pulled left on the reins and right and Splash went on as he kicked him, easy peasy. After 30 min of walking, the instructor started a trot; all of us went bouncing (me included) and jouncing, hitting the saddle, our insides shaken and shouting, crying out the most bizar and weird sounds; especially my grandson shrieked and roared from fear and pleasure. We trotted for maybe 2 minutes?

After some more trotting attempts, something went wrong: on a narrow and sandy path, Splash went through his front knees, got up and there went my grandson, landing on his head and then on his back between the horses' legs! Splash got up, wanted to bolt but was stuck by the other horses, turned around and then my grandson got hold of his horse. I had been shouting: get up, catch your horse so he would get up and back on his horse again. We had yet to go back to the stable! The instructor came to untangle the reins and helped my grandson on his horse again. And that was it for trotting! I would have liked to exercise the trot some more but in this circumstances.... Returning to the stables, my grandson declared: never on a horse again, his fear of tumbling bigger than his initial pleasure.


Fear, our ally.


This takes us to another subject: fear. Fear is a good thing, a sign we can work with! Yes! why? Because it shows us what is slowing us down or worse, hindering our growth. Your fear tells you: this is an issue you have to work on.

Dissect your fear: what is the trigger, what are the circumstances, what am I fearing? Is this the real reason or am I fooling myself? Most of the time, the fear is in your head: when you do what you fear, when done, you think: was that it? Did I fear this?

Fear confronts you with yourself: you think you are courageous but in front of your fear, you find out how big your courage is! Very deflating, a big eye opener, very confronting. But when you conquer you fear, you know it is possible and then nothing can stand in your way!


A nightly visitor


Two nights ago, the king of the night payed us a visit; he stayed the whole night. In the morning I prodded him so he would open his wings. I had seen his nice colors the night before. He flew up and tried to get out by the window. I didn't help him until a got some nice pictures! Then I took him in the hollow of my 2 hands and released him outside.

Night butterfly
My King of the Night

I call him King because of his waistcoat with 4 buttons; admire his royal red colors!

That was it. Hope to see you next week with more news and pictures!

See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped