Thursday, August 2, 2018

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year



Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our city. I thought super: I invite my daughter over and we can all go together. I haven't been to a such a happening in ages.

LoveLea's Birthday girl
Birthday Girl!

I emailed her the program and she was pleasantly surprised about the groups that were coming. She liked the bands on Friday but wasn't happy about the idea going with the kids; she would come but with her husband. I was on the verge of ordering the tickets for the main stage, as my husband says: I don't want to go! OMG, there bursts my dream. But I am a bull terrier and I  found the solution: me and my husband could take the children to the minor stages while my daughter and husband went to the main stage. And that was OK.

On Friday morning I had some shopping to do; I got all excited when I saw the stages getting erected, the food trucks finding their spaces, booths getting erected, the crew giving directions and answering questions, I could feel the tension! I couldn't wait till the evening.


Suikerrock Stage at Tienen, 2018
The Suikerrock Stage, Tienen, Belgium.


Around 7 pm, we accompanied my daughter and husband to the main stage; my grand daughter bursted out in tears: she wanted to stay with her mammy. After a lot of talking and explaining, reasoning and arguing, she agreed to come with us, albeit with tears in her eyes and a sad face.

To our great relief, we saw almost immediately a stand selling candyfloss and all sadness and tears were gone. My grandson wanted one too and so we wandered around, listened to the acoustic performers and to the DJ's but none of us got very excited so we went home around 9 pm.

Pro's of having a dog!

If you want to know the coldest spot in your home, let a long hairy dog loose in your house on a hot day and it will find it for you. My daughter didn't find a place to house Filou, their Labradoodle so he came along. The poor beast has problems with the heat, having a curly, furry coat. The only place he stayed in was the corridor, right besides the entrance to the closet under the stairs. The floor is paved with deliciously cold tiles.

He's a clever dog and once helped my son in law out of a problem. He was walking the dog in the woods when he fell unconscious. Filou ran away and barked at some strollers who luckily understood that the dog was telling them something; they followed Filou, found my son in law and called an ambulance: a happy end thanks to Filou!


How I exorcise inspiration!


I have my newly made storage arrangement (I'll have some pictures of it when it is completely done)  I store my scraps in transparent boxes; when I am looking for a certain color or a piece of leather, I rummage my boxes; as a specific piece of leather catches my eye and talks to me, I put it aside. On my worktable, I have different baskets and 1 of them is for this purpose, for future projects but yet undefined.

 This week I wasn't very inspired: the attic, my work space is very hot and isn't very inviting; I have been neglecting my chores lately and had some urgent one's to finish. When I did find time, I went through my project basket and my eye got caught at an oddly shaped piece of cowhide; the shape reminded me of something but I couldn't get my finger on it; then it downed: looks like an amulet.

An amulet is a kind of pouch, thus I needed a back. I traced the form on a piece of dark brown leather, cut it out and glued it to the cowhide, considered how to attach the cord efficiently and here is the result!


LoveLea's cowhide amulet, front
LoveLea's cowhide amulet,
front 
LoveLea's cowhide amulet, rear
LoveLea's cowhide amulet,rear














You can stuff your amulet with small items,, like a piece of paper, a secret note, a magic stone, a keepsake, anything small and rather flat.

New style of products.


I made the leather bracelet below a while ago: I had stringed the banners to a rigid metal bracelet but the closure didn't hold well; now I stringed them to a invisible elastic: the vibrant colors contrasted with the white pearls looks stunning, just right for a teenage wrist wearing denim shorts and any (lace) top or in boho style with a white fluffy dress.





Revamped quote!


I was without laptop for 6 days!!! I got it back one day left before publishing. I am trying out the free version of Canva; what looks super easy in the tuto's, makes me sweat and pulling my hair out of my head! I made 1 graphic for this blog post and wanted to resize it for FB and Instagram, but the resize feature is not in the free version. I restarted from scratch and I want to pull more hair out of my head; I'll leave it be for a couple hours or days and retry when I have no dead line! But here is my quote, revamped.


Lovelea's don't merely look quote
LoveLea's don't merely look quote.

If you liked my quote, hover over the image, go ahead and Pin it to your Pinterest board!

Vintage buttons!


My mother had a whole shoe box full of all kinds of buttons! When we were a kid and ill, as a pastime she let us go through the box, touch the buttons, fondle the buttons, sort them out, imaginig it on a dress. OMG, we were happy with so little!  Was it the buttons? or was it the fact that we could touch something that was ordinary out of reach? I don't know but the fact is: I LOVE vintage buttons. Although I haven't a lot of them,  I still want to turn them into jewels! Wait for next week and watch what I'll be designing and creating!


See you next week, dear reader!

2 comments:

  1. Dear mother, thanks again for your lovely blog and for inviting us over on Suiker Rock! Love, Lis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wellcome, my dearest daughter!

    ReplyDelete

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped