Thursday, November 1, 2018

Fashionista, revamp and grade up your rain coat! Need napkin rings, here's how to make them! Find your feel good tree. A quote for you!

Fashionista, revamp!


In fact I am not a real fashionista. At the beginning of a season I go to the bookshop and take my time to choose some fashion magazines. When home, I choose a free half hour, make myself a coffee, sit in a comfortable chair, choose a magazine and brows through it without reading. I make a mental note of what I like and maybe I might get myself something new. Way back, when I was young, I was a consumer but now that I am 65, I' ve seen it all, everything comes back in a more modern, sleeker way.

I like the faux fur trend because it adds some splash and punch, gives an exotic touch to your outfit. I have a silk hand printed leopard scarf for some years that I treasure and wear it all the time now; gives my raincoat my white blouse a boost. But I wanted a new item, something small not a jacket or a coat. I was thinking of this yesterday while I had some errands to do; looking at the window displays nothing caught my eye or smiled to me and then it downed: I can revamp or upgrade my coat with a leopard belt!


LoveLea's faux fur leopard coat belt, back
LoveLea's faux fur leopard
 coat belt, back
LoveLea's faux fur leopard coat belt, front
LoveLea's faux fur leopard
coat belt, back












Thus I bought 50 cm of leopard jersey, cut off 12 cm lengthwise, made a tube out of it, turned the tube inside out and then, here comes the key point: I hate ugly going fabric belts and had no iron on stiffener. But! I found a very stiff band in my stock. I cut off 50 cm, introduced it into my tube and spaced it evenly to the right and left of the belts center. My new belt will stay nice and rigid at the back of my coat and I'll be able to knot my belt.



LoveLea's faux fur leopard coat belt, detail
LoveLea's faux fur leopard coat belt,
detail.

My rather plain coat looks a lot more interesting with it's new belt!


Napkin rings needed.


My sister in law can ask some intense questions as on my 65th birthday. Last weekend again; after the Lebbe-family commemoration in West-Vleteren I was seated next to her at lunch. She told me "about their decision not to use paper napkins any more but fabric napkins instead. But then you need something to identify who's napkins is who's! Napkin rings as in old times is perfect and maybe napkin rings is an item I could put on my to do list".

Back home her words kept repeating  in my head and a couple days ago I started the project. Now that I have my shelves, it is great to choose out leather: every tiny bit or big chunk of leather is at one place in boxes according to color or displayed on shelves. It so much nicer and quicker to work


I  decided to use a snap button to close the circle instead of studs. On choosing the leather for my sister-in-law, I went for bright colored leather and a bit of fancyness some fantasy as to not be boring.

















For my brother I choose firm and nice brown leather, in 2 shades and used a kauri shell to adorn. I made 2 for each so they would have a choice. If they don't like them, someone else will like or need my rings.



LoveLea's brown leather napkin ring, dark shade
LoveLea's brown leather
 napkin ring, dark shade
LoveLea's brown leather napkin ring, light shade
LoveLea's brown leather
napkin ring, light shade


Overuse of paper


Brings us to the problem of overusing paper. Since a couple of years, out of the blue all institutions that issues invoices are concerned about the number of trees that are cut down to provide us with paper, at the same time they continue shamelessly wrapping their products individually in plastic and carton. To me the real reason and their only concern is to cut down expenses and have the advantage of seeming politically correct but we, as a consumer, have to organize a new filing cabinet on our laptop or whatever digital device you use.

A feel good tree!

I was ironing this week and all sort of negative thoughts were going through my head. Really, it was just terrible and I was disgusted with myself. I know that negative thoughts are counterproductive and I know that I should change them into positive thoughts if you want to make your dreams happen. Of course I want my dreams come through but how to get rid of this black, ugly mood! Well, if you are in a mood like this, it is very hard to find a positive thought.

When pondering how I could feel happy now, immediately, I looked up from my ironing and saw the beautiful red beech tree behind our garden, already turning a deep and warm rusty color intensified by the evening sun. IMMEDIATELY I felt better, I felt happy: I was where I wanted to be: in a good mood!


Wow, what a revelation. I've read about this stuff and you can go on reading, as long as you don't apply consciously what you read and you won't get it and grow. That moment was a real shift to me, no it's more, it was a miracle. I GOT IT plain and simple. 

When negative thoughts are creeping in, I let them be because this thoughts give hints about what I should work on and then it's time to let them go before they become dominant. I have a look at my tree or bring the tree before my eyes and I am feeling better.  

So: whenever you have negative thoughts, look at something beautiful, it doesn't matter what, as long as you're moved by it and you'll feel a lot better. 

Your feel good tree could be as simple as a stone you keep in your pocket, a melody you call up in your head, a nice memory, a picture, anything.

And then, your negative thoughts shift to positive one's. Therefore, surround yourselve with beautiful things: they have to power to lift up your spirits, passively by just being there and actively when you direct your look at a beautiful object.

Quote

To end this post I have a very good quote for you. When reading Jen Mazer's Manifesting made easy..., I came across this sublime quote of Eleonara Roosevelt. I want to share this quote with you, it is so amazing and if we apply it, we can have a more interesting and fulfilling life; aren't we all into this goal?




Tell me if you did something to revamp or upgrade an old but treasured and beloved outfit. What did you do? how did you do it? I am curious!

That's all for this week. See you next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped