Sunday, April 21, 2019

How about a fashionable Easter handbag? Will we eat organic tomatoes and peppers this summer?

An Easter handbag


When I went visiting my daughter a couple weeks ago, we went to the leather shop and besides some hard ware, I bought 3 of the most soft and butter like hides in yellow, chocolate brown and in a dark brown hue with a metallic sheen.

I like vibrant colors, deep colors and warm colors; since I had 3 whole hides, I decided to make a bag. I loved the bamboo handle bag a lot and decided to make the same bag but slightly bigger because the handles I had were bigger too. It's all about proportion and balance! And I choose the vibrant yellow hide. This way, no worries or pondering the model or bothering about the pattern; I could start right away.


LoveLea's bamboo handled leather Easter bag
LoveLea's bamboo handled
 leather Easter bag

Before all, it is an Easter bag! the same color as daffodils! Who says daffodils says Easter and spring. And on top of all that, yellow is in fashion this year, so you could use the bag all year round. It is not a city handbag, rather for an night out, or when visiting, eating out or whenever you don't need your city bag, still big enough (33x30 cm) for your wallet, keys, sunglasses, kleenexes, a small bottle of water.



LoveLea's bamboo handled leather Easter bag, close up.
LoveLea's bamboo handled
leather Easter bag, close up.


If you like French Riviera Style, navy and yellow is a good match and the yellow  gives your outfit a contemporary touch.



LoveLea's bamboo handled leather Easter bag, French Riviera style
LoveLea's bamboo handled
 leather Easter bag, French Riviera style


Denim is always a good background, almost everything goes well with denim, be it light or dark.
And below are the 3 hides that I purchased a couple weeks ago and are waiting to be turned into whatever comes to my mind.



my new leather hides acquisition
my new leather hides acquisition


Organic tomatoes and peppers!



Our garden has kept me busy. Last year, we planted tomatoes in pots; they flowered all right, the flowers turned into green tomatoes  but despite 3 months oflast years hot weather, the tomatoes refused to turn red. We had 3 red tomatoes in October and I turned the green ones into pickles.

This year, this will change, won't happen again because we bought a small green house, 6 m²! We hired to guys to build the greenhouse and then it was my job to labor and till the soil, IN the greenhouse. It took me 4 days to till 6 m², an hour a day. It was real labor because the green house was, well hot! Meanwhile our tomatoes were hatched in the kitchen on the very sunny window sill and we planted them yesterday. There is some space left for the peppers they aren't big enough yet to be transplanted.

Tomatoes in the greenhouse
Tomatoes in the green house.

I really hope our effort will bare fruit and we'll have plenty of tomatoes to eat. No enough tomatoes to eat and to dry in the sun for eating in winter. Yummy fried and served with yoghurt and garlic.

I'll keep you updated! See you next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped