Saturday, April 6, 2019

Sophisticated and big drawstring bag! My leather jewelry for men available offline!

I made my 3rd bag: the first one was a faux fur bag, the second a super cute bamboo handle bag and third is a big, sturdy yet elegant, sophisticated in it's simplicity drawstring bag.

I am aware that I still haven't made my own bag, a bag I thought out myself, a bag that is totally me! But I have been taking notes in my design notebook and a bucket bag is on it's way.

The pattern of this big drawstring bag is out of a Japanese book: Leather Bag Lesson 1, 2 by Yoshima Eduri. I had to go through a lot of trouble to get the book. Somebody suggested the book but it took me a while to find the book on the internet: either the book was way too expensive or the site's message was: sold out. Finally I found a book at a good price but the firm didn't sent to Europe. Luckily I have a sister who lives in the US and I could use her address.  I did so because another sister was going to the US and was willing to take the book back to to me.

About 4 months after ordering my book, I could leaf through it. I immediately fell in love with a big drawstring bag in black leather and blue stitching. I have been waiting to get my hands on a piece of leather big enough for a circle, 50 cm in diameter and a length of 85 cm for the draw strings. Mine is in a brown-grey leather and has black stitchings: 


LoveLea's leather drawstring bag; pattern by Y Eduri
LoveLea's leather drawstring bag; pattern by Y Eduri.

The book is entirely in Japanese but if you know a bit about sewing, have done some bag sewing you can figure it out. The book features about 15 different, unusual and genuine original bags. All the patterns are on a big sheet, pell-mell but still clear. I love Yoshima Eduri's efficient, a bit minimalistic approach. If you love to sew bags, as I do, and you can lay hands on that book, just get it.

Since it is a drawstring bag, it can take different forms, large and rather flat or narrow and high, depending on what you stuff it with. Shown here, the bottom is about 22 cm measures and the sides are 15 cm. You can style it dressy with a scarf, leather mittens and a trench coat. Will look equally well casual with denim, or for an evening out.


Close-up of LoveLea's leather drawstring bag; pattern by Y Eduri
LoveLea's leather drawstring bag;
pattern by Y Eduri

The bag's nice and the very neutral color gives you plenty of styling possibilities.




Close-up of LoveLea's leather drawstring bag; pattern by Y Eduri
LoveLea's leather drawstring bag;
 pattern by Y Eduri

Physical store for my Men's Leather Jewelry, yeah!



My skull bracelets for bikers, my cowhide bracelets and fish skin bracelets are available Jeans Station, Tienen, Belgium.


Lovelea's leather men jewelry available @Jeans Station, Tienen, Belgium
Lovelea's leather men jewelry
 available at Jeans Station, Tienen, Belgium


Thank you girl's for doing a good job displaying my leather jewelry. Since I took  this picture, a price list has been added.


Lovelea's leather men jewelry available @Jeans Station, Tienen, Belgium
Overall view of Lovelea's leather men jewelry
 available  at Jeans Station, Tienen, Belgium

I went to visit my daughter last week and when returning home, we went to the leather shop and I got out with 3 hides in terrific colors and some hardware. I'll show you the hides next week! See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped