Thursday, September 20, 2018

Faux fur handbag done maybe not finished! 2 tales of synchronicity! Signs of the past! A new quote for you.

Faux Fur Project!


Finally my faux fur handbag is done. It has cost me blood, sweat and tears! I had to remind myself constantly that I am making a prototype. It looks rather plain on itself but with the right outfit, it will get allure and give allure. If you use it with a basic outfit like a pair of jeans and a white tee or white blouse, your handbag will get all the attention. Worn with a plain black tee or blouse would give it the right "spirit" without looking ordinary.

I may make 2 alterations. I had figured out an original way to close the bag, but FORGOT about it! I'm figuring out if I can still implement a closure without being obvious that it is added later. And maybe I should or could add some tassels but removable ones. I thought of using chains to make the tassel but am afraid either it will mess up the faux fur or it may scratch the leather.  And how will I attach them if I don't want to use a key ring?


LoveLea's Faux Fur handbag fur side.
LoveLea's Faux Fur
 handbag fur side.
LoveLea's Faux Fur handbag leather side.
LoveLea's Faux Fur
handbag leather side.













Two tales of Synchronicity


A couple days ago, I had some situations I wanted to have more insight into and clearness in and I used a deck of butterfly oracle cards that I got from my sister. She is a butterfly fan and you'll learn why! Last year she lost her husband. She lives abroad and we spoke on the phone but I wanted to have her something tangible in her hands. I went through my stash of greeting cards but nothing caught my eye, nothing seemed appropriate. 3 Days later, I went again through my cards and choose a pastel colored card with some flowers and 2 or 3 butterflies on it. It took me 1 more day to write a nice and comforting copy before I sent it. 

About a week later, my sister mailed me thanking me for my words and especially for the butterflies, since butterflies are messengers and bring us messages of our passed on ones! Honestly, I had no idea that butterflies carry such a meaning. This kind of things, me being a vehicle for a message,  gives me goosebumps!

Back to my card session: while shuffling my deck, 3 cards sprung out that I put aside. One of these cards was about Signs from Heaven: butterflies are signs from heaven that we are not alone and heaven is watching is, but feathers have the same meaning! The day before I consulted my cards, a  rather big down feather had landed right into my husbands garden shoes at the back entrance of the house! I had pointed it out to my husband and had remarked: look at this big down feather, must be from a big bird.





And the next day I learn it is not only a feather but also a big reminder that heaven is watching over me and this gave me a lot of comfort. I fancy it is my mother who sends me messages, but if not, I am happy with a sign from heaven, this IS big enough. I plan on laminating the feather and leaving it around my computer where I'll be bound to see my sign from heaven.



Traces from the past


A couple days ago we went to visit a beguinage church in ruins. As you can see in the picture the church is in Early Gothic style and the first stone dates from 1245! It must have been a very beautiful church but totally ruined now. Only the outer walls remain erect. Back home I wondered what happened to the church and googled it; to my big surprise, the church burned down recently: in 1976!!! How is it possible that they couldn't master the fire in 1976. I assumed the church burned down a 200 or 300 years ago. Here are some pictures:


Tienen, Belgium: Paterskerk
Tienen, Belgium: Paterskerk

It must have been a lovely church, not too small and not too big, with traces of pink and blue colors left on the walls; means pink was hundreds of years ago a color en vogue for females.


Tienen, Paterskerk, courtesy S. Ozonder
Tienen, Paterskerk, courtesy S. Ozonder
Way back in the Middle Ages, what is called the "dark" ages, they were concerned with widows and gave them shelter in an enclosed housing unit, a beguinage; each beguin had her own little or bigger house. No men ware allowed inside. They made vows but less significant than monastic vows. If not everything was cake and egg between this  gathered females, at least they had no loneliness problems!


If you enjoy this small sightseeing reportage, I'll include more next time.

My new quote for you!





Hope you enjoyed my new quote (hover over the picture to Pin it) and this post; see you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped