Thursday, September 13, 2018

About making bread at home! My body taught me a lesson, more glam bracelets and wedding anniversary.

11 Reasons why you should make bread at home!


My mother used to make bread when she was older and most of her 7 children gone! At that time I didn't think big of it because I hadn't experienced it myself. And then I used to make bread, mind you! using my hands, not a bread machine! I like diversity but 30 years ago, I could find only 2 or 3 types of bread at our baker. So I made all kinds of bread: with eggs, with raisins, with onions, chestnuts, braided bread with pine- apple. And I loved making the age old gestures and motions, I felt as a link in an old and long chain, I felt a small part of a bigger whole. I baked bread for years but then we moved house and we did not make time to bake bread at  home.

Recently I read the labels plastered on the plastic bags filled with bread; I was horrified: the ingredients had nothing to do with bread or nutrition but all with aspect and outlook. So we started making bread again. Now we eat "clean" bread free from additives, colorants, preservatives, we eat real wholemeal  bread not bread colored to look wholemeal. I add some olive oil, sesame seeds and the exotic tasting nigella seeds.

To put all the advantages in a row:

  • you are a small indispensable part of a bigger whole
  • you continue a tradition
  • you know what you eat
  • you eat healthy bread
  • you can smuggle in ingredients that difficult eaters wont take in otherwise
  • you decide about the amount of fat in your bread
  • you eat bread and not air
  • a home baked bread stretches longer than a bought one
  • you add whatever taste, seeds, grains you fancy at that moment.
  • your house smells deliciously of warm bread
  • you can treat you and your family to a buttered slice of warm bread, sprinkled with a tiny bit of salt and/or black pepper, heaven!.   

Lesson from my body


Saturday in the afternoon I was going upstairs rejoicing in the fact that on Sunday we would visit an old Art-Deco chocolate factory restyled into housing units. An old timer exposition together with craftsman showing their artifacts, food trucks and many more would be on the grounds
.
The next moment, an excruciating pain: I had bumped my right foot's small toe against the wall! I hurried downstairs to apply arnica ointment to relieve the pain, prevent my foot from swelling and blood deposit. Then I continued my day: my first thought was that I was somehow "punished" for wanting to visit the chocolate factory. Only in the evening, when my foot was swollen, almost black and my little toe twice it normal size, I got it: my body tells me to slow down and take a rest. From that moment on I sat with my foot elevated for most of the time; I slept with a cushion under my foot and in the morning my foot was a lot better. I had applied my arnica ointment almost every hour and that helped too.

 On Sunday, I said to my husband: we can still go, I'll walk very carefully and slowly! he said: no problem for me but it is your foot.So wisely I decided to sit with my foot elevated and let go of the factory. My doll of a husband did all the cooking, prepared the table etc. When I said: nice to have everything ready made for you, I got only a grin.

I had all the signs lately: I felt tired, my shoulders and my shoulder blades ached, my neck was cramped and I ignored all this signs! I just went on like a bolted horse and I am paying for this now.
What I learned is that I should never ignore the signs but take care of myself, love myself enough to heed the signs and let myself take a rest or a big enough break. I should by know know my limits and not exceed them; after all I am bored to death now that I am immobilized!

However there is an advantage to my new situation: I can't sit all day, doing nothing and when I decide to do something, I think very carefully how I can best organize myself to do as much possible with the least of movement! It obliges me to consider the whole of the process I am about to undertake and I am becoming more efficient!

More leather glam bracelets!


Browsing Pinterest I noticed lots of chunky chains and chunky chains are sported and loved mostly by elderly woman Remember my windfall in July when I bought 4 bobbins of chains? I have plenty of chain left to experiment with! I designed a bracelet and a neck lace for myself and it is real pleasure to wear them: chic and glam and very passe-partout. They look well dressed up (not too well dressed up since they're only colored metal) in fancy cloths, with a summer dress, with denim; both the bracelet and the necklace will upgrade a casual outfit. French riviera style is popular this summer and fall AND I love French riviera Style and pictured them with my favorite cardigan. I used black leather for the necklace and navy leather for the bracelet. I pictured them together for convenience.


Lovelea's leather chunky chain necklace & bracelet
LoveLea's leather&chunky
chain jewelry
Lovelea's navy leather chunky chain necklace & bracelet
Lovelea's  leather chunky
chain bracelet in navy













I also made a leather bracelet in a lovely very dark chocolate brown with 2 tassels to add a playful accent.


Lovelea's leather chunky chain bracelet with tassels in dark chocolate
Lovelea's dark chocolate
leather bracelet with tassels
LoveLea's chocolate leather chunky chain braclet with tassels, details.
Detail of dark chocolate
leather chunky chain
 bracelet's tassels 















A wedding anniversary


And we have a wedding anniversary: my daughter and son in law are married for 13 years! Sometimes I have a hard time to believe I have a son 41 years old and my daughter married for 13 years. I still remember her quest for THE wedding dress, their quest for a suitable location, preparing the list of guest, it seems like yesterday. I know it sounds cliché, but it IS this way.



daughter&son in law on their marriage day
My daughter and son in law the day of their marriage.

I know, again nothing from the faux fur front. My foot hurts when doing stairs and I have to do 2 flights of them, so I took it easy this week. But I am tending myself carefully, diligently and I hope to be recovered by next week.

See you next week with more news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped