Saturday, March 16, 2019

Kufu and the revamping project.What does spring do to you? Spring=creation time. Enticing Mood Picture!

Kufu and Revamping.


Last week I showed you a picture of my to be revamped blouse. I spent about 1 hour searching the lace fabric I had in mind but found only a small part. While contemplating the piece of lace in my hands, I remembered I used a big part of the fabric for a cushion for my grand daughter. The 50 cm² I had in mind has become a small scrap, significantly smaller then I remembered; I have only 2 whole "flowers" and 3/4 of a flower left.


scrap of lace
The scrap of lace that is left


See for yourself, the fabric is super cute! I made a T-shirt out of it when lace was in a couple years ago. Here you see the flower in detail.


Detail of scrap of lace
Detail of scrap of lace

Kufu

And here is where kufu comes into sight: kufu is a Japanese conception, you could even say "a way of life". It is the art/ability of getting along and doing with what you have; you use your imagination and your creativity to solve a problem without buying or acquiring new stuff, you fall back on what you have.

In my vision the back of my blouse was scattered with about 5 or 6 flowers randomly sewed unto my blouse. I have a whole closet full of fabrics, remnants, remainders of wool and cotton (with them I could crochet small doily-like patches), it would be a shame to go out and buy another piece of lace or fabric. This is THE moment to apply kufu. What I thought would be an easy project will take me a whole lot more of time.


Spring 


2 weeks ago, nature teased us with 4 days of super nice weather: 15 à 17° in February! We payed dearly for this extravagance with a week of forceful and frightening blows of wind a bit everywhere on the Northern side of the globe. Luckily we don't have any damage but my sons' roof has missing tiles and it is raining on top of all this.

Spring is coming alright, I do feel it in my body: a big urge to create! I started a couple projects all at once  and I have to tell myself: hey first finish the projects you started up. Could also be the influence of the new moon on the 6th of March. I started a handbag that I can't finish now because I don't have the right tools; I discovered those giant flowers or bouquets functioning as wall paper on Pinterest and want to put my hand on a scaled down project. Those wall papers are copies of the very dark still lifes of the Dutch Golden Age. I love this baroque style. (And I listen almost exclusively to baroque music.)


Jan Davidsz de Heem Stilleven vaas met bloemen - Schilderij op canvas 70 x 118 cm
Jan Davidsz de Heem Stilleven vaas met bloemen 


I already sketched some flowers on paper. My first attempt won't turn out this grand; I refuse to be intimidated by focusing on the result, it is the doing that counts and doesn't practice make perfect?

All this beside, I have to channel all this forces in me, they should not overwhelm me; a good plan and a firm follow up might do the job.


Mood picture of my latest creations for men.


Another side effect of spring is the urge to clean and declutter and I mean a deep cleaning, the ideal way of inventoring what you have. I took pictures of my latest creations and made this mood board!


LoveLea's mood picture of men bracelets
LoveLea's mood picture of men bracelets.

And here is the version my hubby made:


LoveLea's mood picture of men bracelets by S ozonder
Moodboard made by my hubby.

He picked out a very nice green as background.

I am proud and happy with this mood pictures. Next week I 'm planning on showing my leather jewelry to shops in my home town and the mood picture is the way to create the right setting. I'll keep you updated. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped