Friday, March 8, 2019

Revamping a new and cherished garment!

It sounds silly to revamp a new and cherished garment. Why would I want to revamp a new garment?  My favorite cream colored linen blouse, its back in polyester with a big pleat to give the blouse ampleness and freedom of motion needed refreshing.

Linen takes some skill and diligence to iron and wrinkled polyester too so I decided to iron the blouse while still wet. I plugged in my iron, put it on the lowest grade and started ironing; all well and then the iron didn't slide smooth any more and the next second: I had a whole the size of an egg.


Lovelea's blouse with hole
See the hole? I am not overstating, sadly.


O.M.G., (big panic!)I have a hole in my favorite blouse! My eyes didn't want to believe what they saw: a hole. I DON'T WANT TO THROW AWAY A NEW and FAVORITE BLOUSE. What can I do? Immediately my brain went to a lace fabric I bought years ago, about the same color of my blouse. It has roses or flowers made of layers of organza-like fabric, the motifs rather big. I could use this fabric to cover up the hole and sprinkle some more flowers on its back so it isn't obvious that I am covering up  a hole.


Lovelea's blouse with hole, detail
Detail of the hole.


Plan de campagne

Knowing your problems is a first step when starting your project and at the same time it gives you a reasonable knowledge of the time you need to finish our project. What are possible problems?
 
Problem #1: where is this fabric? did it go through my fingers when I stuffed my fabric stash into my new closet? I can't remember. If I can't find it in my closet, I have to search through several boxes of fabric. But I can ask for help: Etem Dede. He is a real help in time of despair. I told you about him in an earlier post. He is amazing! Just try it out: copy the words on a piece of paper, keep the paper some where at hand and when something gets lost, say the words and start yoyr quest. You'll find your object in no time.

Problem #2: how will I attach the flower to the big hole? Do I need additional supplies?

Problem #3: after covering the real whole, how will I spread the other flowers convincingly.

Now that I know my problems, I can make my "plan de campagne" with easy steps to finish this project well.

I'll keep you updated on this revamping project. See you next week!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped