Thursday, May 3, 2018

Who's mom will my leather jewels adorn? The almost making of a leather apron, a cue for your (e- readers) battery.

Mother day is coming up!


It is almost Mother Day. I sought out some necklaces and bracelets that would make nice, cute gifts for mother day. I chose out some ranges of necklaces and bracelets that are not too particular, but special and interesting enough to please different mothers.

I have 2 sets of minimalist necklaces; one set is made of leather string with a big glass anti evil-eye bead and I made 3 of them each with a blue, an orange or a red bead.


LoveLea's anti evil eye leather necklace.
LoveLea's anti evil eye leather necklaces.


The other set is  leather string with a big glass bead, also very minimalist! The dark leather has a big orange bead, the other necklace is in pink/nude leather with a big transparent bead, very feminine.


2 LoveLea's minimalist leather necklace.
2 LoveLea's minimalist leather necklace.


For another set of leather jewels, I used navy blue leather straps with very nice vintage glass beads;  they got a bit of a boho look:


LoveLea's boho leather necklace and bracelets with vintage beads
LoveLea's boho leather necklace and bracelets with vintage beads.


And lastly, 2 necklaces with wooden beads.


LoveLea's boho leather necklace with wooden beads
LoveLea's boho leather necklaces with wooden beads


The  necklace on the outside has small pieces of  mother-of-pearl I picked up at the beach. They are attached with a strip of leather.

More pictures at my Facebook page; choose the collection: Leather jewels electable for Mother Day.

The making of an apron.


Do you remember I love aprons?This week, I started working at my very own and personal apron. I have a huge salmon pink cotton apron, donned it to decide on the right measurements and made a paper pattern. The length of the straps keeps me mulling: they should fit multiple waists; it will be my apron and a prototype at the same time. Leather straps can't be bind thus I have to figure out adjustable straps.

Alas, I spook too soon! I have 3 big skins in my stash but still they are not big enough. At the moment we don't have a car and I am designated to buy online. Will a new skin get here in time to make my apron before publishing time?


How to make your battery last.


One of my passions is reading. Since I travel a lot, an e-reader is an excellent solution for me, I don't have to choose which book I' ll take with me, I take them all. Battery life is often a challenge. At the summerhouse, the air was very humid and the battery was used up in 2 days. I discovered that when I unplug my reader when it is fully loaded, the quicker I do this, the longer my battery last. Rather then plug in your reader before going to bed, do it when you are awake and unplug as soon as your reader is fully charged. Believe me, try it out, it makes a difference.

Do you have any hints or tips for us? Do let us know!

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped