Thursday, October 4, 2018

Caught up in the Halloween frenzy, Men's jewelry time, Internet cause of divorce, a quote

Halloween is coming!


I remember when a child, I must have been 5 or 6, one day in winter my mother got all excited and made us put on our coat after dark! Very unusual! My sister and I were given a cute colored lantern at the end of a stick in our hands with the instructions to keep it straight otherwise the paper would fire. My elder brother was also given a stick in his hand but at the end of his stick was a hollowed out sugar beat with a candle burning inside.When the train passed our front door, we were pushed out the door to go along with the other children. 

This was my first experience with Halloween. It was the way things were done when we were little: we had no idea what we were doing, why we were doing this, the reason for this celebration, no explanation, no communication, and mind you: my parents were cultured people. We did participate a couple more times and that was it. 

This year when seeing pumpkins, long pointed witch hats, spider webs in the window displays, I got caught in the mood and made a Halloween choker: 


By next week, I should have made more chokers and bracelets.

Men's jewelry time


Halloween preparations means fall has come. I haven't made any men's jewelry in a long time. The change of the season allows different kind of jewelry. Summer is more associated with light, airy jewels and summer is definitely over now. Fall brings in the need for heavier, more solid things and that's exactly what men's jewels is about.

I made 3 bracelets, to be more specific: 3 variations on leather & vintage beads. I found some sturdy leather and thought about a means to adorn it with the vintage evil eye beads without using any glue or cement.

Lovelea's bicolored leather men bracelet with vintage beads.
Lovelea's bicolored leather
men bracelet with 3
vintage beads.
Lovelea's leather men bracelet with vintage beads.
Lovelea's  leather
 men bracelet
with 3 vintage beads.



Lovelea's bicolored leather men bracelet with vintage evil eye bead..
Lovelea's bicolored leather
 men bracelet with evil eye vintage bead.

The leather I used is very nice and sturdy. wear it with jeans, cargo pants, even with a suit!


Internet cause of divorce


2 Days ago, my husband was looking at a newspaper article that said: "Internet can be a cause of divorce" or something like that, I don't remember the exact wording. I can agree on this but not on the image they used: A WOMAN with her laptop!!!!! I was about to explode!!! The writer behind this article must be a man. Are only woman hooked on Internet? Men are not guilty of spending too much time on the net? Women have been care takers for ages and this is changing now. Of course men are not happy with that, they loose all their privileges, only women can gain from this situation.

But what I really want to point out is that women take care of others but not of themselves: I hear it from women entrepreneurs, I see it on Pinterest and I observe it with my self: we don't care enough for ourselves. Why has this to be so difficult? Is it a christian upbringing that teaches that the other comes first? Do we learn it from our mothers? I love it when the air hostess tells us that in an emergency situation, mothers should put on their mask first. This makes sense: if you are feeling well, you can take care of others, not as a duty but as a feeling!

Mothers of little girls, teach them to take care of themselves, put themselves in the first place without being egocentric  and maybe more important, teach your little boys to do themselves what they can DO themselves: don't tie their shoelaces, learn them how to do it! Don't get them a glass of water, tell them to get it themselves if they are thirsty.

During an experiment, not that long ago, in a nursery of a Scandinavian country the children were filmed at breakfast time and the childcare takers saw with their own eyes that the little girls "served" the little boys. If a boy wanted more cereal or milk, he prattled something to the girl next to him and the girl got up and got it for him. Upon watching the video, from then on girls and boys had their breakfast separated. Then the care takers observed that the boys didn't even know the words necessary to ask for their needs! Nothing has changed in fact.

My quote

Last week, something went wrong and I couldn't download my quote. In the mean time I straightened things out and I have a quote for you and me. The second quote I mentioned isn't ready yet, that's for the near future.

When something unpleasant, bad, disagreeable happens, we tend to blame the happening on others and poor we are victims. This is the most easy behavior but not the best one. It gets you no where! So, when something unpleasant happens again, study the case and find out what your part is in the event. It is time to drop your victim role and take your life in both hands. Be responsible for your own life! It is more scary at first, but ultimate you'll have a happier and more fulfilling life.





Do you have any Halloween childhood memories? Let us know, write them in the comments!

I hope you enjoyed reading my post. If you liked the images, when hovering over them, you can share them on Pinterest.

See you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped