Thursday, April 19, 2018

A new future at 65? Gothic choker time!

It is done!


We had a horrible week, no 2 weeks! We went down to the summerhouse to empty it and make it ready to sell. The job of sifting through your possessions, deciding what you want to take back home, what you have to leave behind is very exhausting and physically and for your relation. We have had this process just to months ago when moving in Belgium to another slightly bigger house and now the same process all over again. But this page of our life is turned, ready for new experiences, ready for new possibilities: I am very excited and can't wait to see what life will show us from now on! 65: the start of a new future

Two weeks ago the movers came and loaded only our personal belongings (this means: no furniture) and we had 15 m³ that is being shipped now to Belgium. We donated another 5 m³ to charity and distributed another 2 m³ to friends! Unbelievable! And I thought we lived in a small house. We found a couple of lost items, discovered long forgotten things and came back by plane with 80 kg of luggage! I am dreading the moment the mover will arrive with the 15 m³.


One step back to progress/advance better


I am reunited with my work table, my tools, my scraps; I have gone through a lot of thinking and I am ready to start designing and creating afresh. A little bit of retreat gives energy, with a lot of retreat you have to start all over again. My mind is full of new projects, wait and see what comes out of it.


Gothic Choker time!


I am feeling Gothic: a bit rebellious, daring, bold. Spring has a lot to do with it AND the start of another chapter in my life. The weather is warming up and scarfs aren't covering our bare throats anymore: choker time. I created quite a few chokers, among them some Gothic chokers with a chain! Here I show you a few:



LoveLea's dark brown leather choker with chain, Gothic style
LoveLea's dark brown leather choker with chain, Gothic style.


Beneath is a picture of the same choker but with a matching cuff, definitely Gothic with dark or black nail polish.

LoveLea's dark brown leather choker cum cuff with chain, Gothic style
LoveLea's dark brown leather choker cum cuff with chain, Gothic style!


I love this dark brown color of the leather,  dark like 78% chocolate, my favorite chocolate, Belgian chocolate of course!


LoveLea's dark purple leather choker with chain, Gothic style
LoveLea's dark purple leather choker with chain, Gothic style


 And this choker (picture above) looks a lot like the dark chocolate one, but this choker is in fact in a dark purple leather; you can see the chain in close up.

And finally, here is my niece showing you a bright choker in red leather. This choker is Gothic in style but color wise not entirely. It looks very fresh and bright.



Family reunion!


This week end we have our annually family reunion at my daughters place. I haven't seen my brothers and sisters with their children, my cousins in almost a year. I long to hug them, see them, talk to them, joke with them, eat the same food and hearing the latest news. I'll tell all about it in next week's post.

I am publishing this post a bit early because I have to catch a train to my daughter's place to help her out with the preparations of the reunion.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped