Thursday, May 31, 2018

6 Ways I keep my weight down; more leather bracelets for the summer; new experiences and discoveries at my daughter's place.

If you are getting my post in your mailbox, please consider reading it in it's original form by clicking on the title: more elegant, colorful, more pleasant to read with pinable images. Thank you.  



How I keep my weight down


I know we are all different persons and especially with weight issues, what works for you may not work for me. It IS hard to loose weight when you get older, so I try to keep my weight steady instead of down. Anyhow here are a couple of my tricks that might work for you or  give you inspiration. If it did inspire you and you discovered new ways, please tell me!

- At breakfast, despite the doctor's saying that you should eat a good breakfast, I only have a slice of bread with cheese and honey and olives. If I have more, I give my body a sign that still more is coming and I get easier hungry during the day.
- When eating, I chew my food thoroughly; this way I feel longer satisfied, I have enough with less.
- When I am creative or do something with my hands I don't feel hunger. The CREATING PROCESS satisfies me and I don't have this gnawing feeling that I mistakenly take for hunger!
- I eat a lot and I mean a lot of green leafy vegetables like spinach, sorrel, lettuce etc. It helps emptying my bowels.
-I have bread, spaghetti and the like only once a day; it is hard to eliminate them out of the body, it stays in the twists of  the colon and you add weight!
- I have observed that when I eat at a family gathering or in a nice restaurant and even if I eat a lot, I don't gain weight. So, enjoy your food and it eat in good company!


More leather summer bracelets


I have a set of leather bracelets, right for summer time, but not right for swimming because of the wooden beads. I like them a lot especially 2 bracelets with 60-ties color combinations. I made a double bracelet with leather tassel


LoveLea's leather double bracelet with wooden beads  and leather tassel.
LoveLea's leather double bracelet with wooden beads and leather tassel.


 and a triple one: in 1 click you put on 3 of them.


LoveLea's leather triple bracelet with wooden beads.
LoveLea's leather triple bracelet with wooden beads.

This set also has a wrap bracelet/choker with wooden beads in a variety of colors and closes with a handmade leather button and loop.


LoveLea's leather choker/bracelet with wooden beads.
LoveLea's leather choker/bracelet with wooden beads.

LoveLea's leather choker/bracelet with wooden beads.
LoveLea's leather choker/bracelet with wooden beads.

And the last of the set is a leather string with green wooden beads, handmade letter button and loop and will fit someone with a large wrist.


LoveLea's leather bracelet with green wooden beads.
LoveLea's leather bracelet with green wooden beads.


I am feeling something but I don't know what it is!


Last Sunday we visited our daughter; we had a very good time with lots of experiences. Around 6 pm on Sunday, I was taking a walk with Max, my 12 year old grandson. He wanted to chase pokemons! we walked around in the neighborhood and his cell phone showed the road we were walking and  pokemons hidden along the road. We had to discover them (on the screen) and then trow a ball to catch them. Since he was doing all the catching it was not very exciting for me. I told him so and then I was allowed to throw a ball at a pokemon. (I was rather good at it!).

Suddenly we heard an odd noise and we saw an air balloon coming our direction almost hitting the trees! Max shouted: you are gone hit the trees, be careful! (so sweet).We ran up a hill to have a better look but were hold back by the trees and private property; they were frantically pumping the gas to get higher and eventually they succeeded and receded. That was close! Thank God they didn't get tangled up in the trees.

We stayed for 2 nights and around 5 o'clock in the morning, we woke up with an aubade of many different birds, all equally spectacular; but the blackbirds were the champions. Wow, what a thrillers and high notes comes out of such a tiny bird! we were mesmerized. Of course, nothing equals a nightingale's song; you go all quiet and get tears in your eyes but I have only heard their song twice in my whole life. A good blackbirds song leaves you speechless and the birds were competing and showing off their different trills. 

Vicky, Max's little sister will be 9 in October; she's very independent and wants to do everything herself. On our last evening we were eating out and Vicky choose a nice dressy frilly dress, put on some lipstick (this bothers me because she's only 8) and dressed her hair like a pro! I like it that she wants to dress up for eating out.

Max is in his last year of first grade and the school organized a bivouac. He has been sleeping out with friends for 1 night but never 4 nights in a row. But his biggest problem is food: he is very picky and only eats a couple of things. The morning of their leaving, about 30 min before leaving, he tells his father: I am feeling something in here (and he shows his stomach) but I don't know what it is. Isn't that super cute!!!!

Tip of the week!


If you have a garden and in your garden you have grapes and if you are out of lemon, don't worry I have the solution. When the grapes are still green and quite hard, pick a small bunch, wash them and crush them in a mortar with a pestle; if you don't have a mortar and pestle, put the grapes in a bowl and crush them with a stone; squeeze out as much juice a possible and pour the (sifted if you like) verjuice over your salad or wherever you need lemon juice.

Still green grapes from the garden
Still green grapes from the garden.

This grapes are still to small but the size of the bunch will be perfect for one salad.


So, do you have any tips for me? Besides vinegar or lemon, what do you use to freshen up your salad? Tell us in the comments, please!

See you next week with more leather bracelets (I am working on boho style bracelets!), more stories and tips.

If you liked reading my post, please share it on Face Book or Pinterest with the buttons right below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped