Thursday, June 7, 2018

Philososphizing about marriage; leather bridal jewelry with vintage motifs; boho style colorful leather bracelets.

If you are getting my post in your mailbox, please, do me and yourself a favor and consider reading it in it's original form by clicking on the title: more elegance, color, pleasure will be added to your reader experience and you can pin my images. Thank you for humoring me. 

 

Philosophizing!


An acquaintance of me has been left by her boyfriend a couple weeks ago. This event fell from the sky apparently. He left her just like that and went living with his new girlfriend! She had no clue! But at the same time she makes fun of him on the internet, never has a good word for him and is never pleased. She has 2 children and an unpaid house. Drama is coming and I feel sick to the stomach when thinking about it.

This makes me musing about this "outmoded" institution: marriage. People say: is a piece of paper going to make the difference? And I say yes! I felt this when my daughter got married, it felt good! Off course, if you are not married, the paperwork etc is a lot less when you separate.

But why should you think about separating easily when marriage is mend to last. I think, no I am sure that if you consider marrying someone (not moving in with someone), you think twice and thrice about it! After all, you speak out  marriage vows and promise to care for each other, to be there in good and in bad times. It makes you ponder: can I live my whole life with this person and then you marriage has more chance to last.

This does not mean I view unmarried couples badly (I know plenty of unmarried couples who have a good life together), but think twice before you decide to live together when knowing the person for only a couple of months.

How do you think about marriage and I mean beyond the day in  church or your grand garden party?

Leather bridal jewelry


After making this statement, it is the perfect moment to show you the bridal set I made with repurposed vintage motifs. (I already showed a cuff bracelet with vintage motifs in an earlier post.) I had a big scrap of cream colored leather and made a choker, bracelet and earrings out of it and applied the vintage motifs to the choker and bracelet.


Lovelea's leather bridal set
LoveLea's leather bridal set


Details off the vintage motifs:

Lovelea's leather bridal set
Lovelea's leather bridal set, detail of vintage motif

Colorful, lively leather bracelets, boho style


I love making cuffs! Cuffs have more to do with leather, as raw material, than narrow bracelets. But unfortunately cuffs are too warm for this season, unless you were them in the evening or at night. That's why I  am working on, designing, creating summer jewelry.

Summer means for me sun, beach, swimming in the sea, living leisurely, eating salades... I designed 2 boho style bracelets, boho being the epitome of easy summer life: I created 1 wrap bracelet that can double as a choker and 1 bracelet.


Lovelea's Boho style bracelets
Lovelea's Boho style bracelets.

I attached big glass beads with little straps of leather as well as metal charms to the wrap bracelet/choker.



LoveLea's leather boho style wrap bracelet/choker
LoveLea's leather boho style wrap bracelet/choker.


Event coming up!

I have a big, personal upcoming event. Everything is not yet on point but I want tip off my loyal readers. You can subscribe either in the right or in the left column so you won't miss out. If you get this post in your mail box, you can subscribe using this link, either in the left or in the right column.

See you next week.

P.S: tell me/us your thoughts about marriage using the comments box below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped