Thursday, May 17, 2018

About pampering yourself! More feminine cow hide bracelets; Leather apron;

How do I pamper my self.


This whole moving business, the emptying of 15 m³ of boxes (or 89 boxes) is eating my energy! my spirit is spiraling downwards by moments. What I need is "pamper time". Pampering yourself is great to replenish your energy. Luckily I thrive on small things, not always but most of the time: I don't need expensive gifts or treats. Mostly it doesn't cost me a cent, I only have to allow myself some things. It are small things, but they get me out of my routine; routine kills me.

  • My cup of coffee, first thing in the morning (conditio sine qua non).
  • From time to time I take an extra bath in the evening, when it is dark and I bath with candle light (takes time). 
  • When done bathing, I cover myself from head to toe with a luxurious body cream. It boosts my self awareness considerably, heavenly.
  • I let myself read some more than I actually have time for (easy one)
  • I purposely sit on the couch to listen to my favorite baroque music (another easy one)
  • I get out my nice plates and have dinner out of them (if they aren't stowed too far away, easy one)
  • I have a nice stash of vintage dish towels and I choose 1 of them! 
  • I take a ride on my bicycle, first uphill and then fly down with my hair blown by the wind!
  • I go the the magazine shop and take my time to choose a magazine, 15 to 20 minutes. It gives me a feeling of luxury. When getting home, at first I only have a look at the pictures and later on I will start reading the articles. This is much nicer than having a subscription, you decide  on the time you want a magazine!  

    Feminine cow hide bracelets


    This week I created 2 more feminine cow hide bracelets. The creating itself is easy, choosing the right piece of leather takes most of the time. I bought 2 kilos of cow hide scraps, all pieces in the most possible odd shapes. When I got my box delivered and opened it, I said: OMG, what am I going to do with this. This purchase is a complete disaster! Now it has become more of a challenge and I find it rather stimulating; the first step is the most difficult.


    LoveLea's cow hide bracelets.
    LoveLea's cow hide bracelets.


    Again they look like strange animals to me: this one could be a carnivore with his sharp teeth.


    LoveLea's white cow hide bracelet.
    LoveLea's cow hide bracelets.


    This one looks like a whale, don't you think so?


    LoveLea's all browncow hide bracelet.
    LoveLea's all brown cow hide bracelet.


    My leather apron.


    I'm all set to start my leather apron BUT no leather yet. I emailed the company (on 29/04) for pictures of pink skins; I got an answer with the question what pink is to me and emailed some pictures back; their answer was: I have skins in this colors, come have a look. I asked then to take pictures of some big skins so I could buy them online (04/05). Didn't hear from them again and this was about a week ago. I should give them some more time.

    Haven't heard of the company I emailed. Too impatient to wait, I visited the web shop of my scrap provider and ordered 1 pink hide. The only choice I had was between a soft thin (0.7 mm), smooth hide and a 0.3 mm thicker hide but with a relief: I don't want dirt and little particles clinging into the grooves how I small they be, so the choice was easily made. Now I have to wait the email that tells me my parcel is on its way.

    2 days ago, 15th of May, my parcel arrived. It is the color I ordered, but a bit darker then I really want and it is small. The description said: 4 or 5 foot and I misinterpreted this. If 1 foot is 30x30 cm, then 4 or 5 foot should be 120x120 cm I reasoned, but that's not the case. I should have imagined a hide where at the most 4 or 5 whole squares could fit in. One more lesson learned. Rushing things is counterproductive, is another lesson I learned. I hope the apron will finally be ready by my next publishing, this is next week.


    My pink hide for apron.
    My pink hide for apron.


    So, what do you do to get energy? How do you pamper yourself? What makes you go on? Tell me or us, we would like to know and learn about other ways and possibilites.

    Hope to hear from you! See you next week!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

    The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

    The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped