Thursday, June 28, 2018

About low key leather bracelets & sophisticated furoshiki bags. Who fired this changes? Surprises inside!

Low key leather bracelets: to the beach


If you are not an exuberant person, don't like bling bling, if you are rather low key, I have the perfect choice of bracelets to wear during your holidays or at home.

I am a sea person, not a mountain person, thus my heart goes out to creating jewels you can wear at the waterside. This ones are different  from my also minimalist & low key creations I showed and styled 2 weeks ago (French Riviera Style) and very different from my flashy pool bracelets.

This creations are very simple, inornate but still make a statement due to the nice quality of the glass beads. And you can wear them in the water because there is no metal that can corrode.

LoveLea's leather bracelets with vintage beads.
Wear LoveLea's leather bracelets with vintage beads to the beach!


I made a leather button and a loop to close this bracelets and the beads I used are glass vintage beads.

I am a bit old fashioned or you may call it prudeness, but I don't walk around in my bathing suit but wear a light, transparent beach dress to go from home or wherever I am staying to the beach. This type of dress works well with my low key bracelets and neck laces. No need to go shopping, look in your closet and see what you have in similar colors!


Beach dress to be pared to a bracelet.

Beach dress paired to a LoveLea bracelet with vintage beads
Beach dress paired to a LoveLea bracelet with vintage beads.




The same beach dress, this time with a neck lace: the evil eye bead will protect you from jealous looks! It closes with a sliding knot: no metal involved! The bead is a glass bead, no vintage, knew.


LoveLea's leather blue evil eye bead necklace
LoveLea's leather blue evil-eye bead necklace


Here another beach dress with a choker that can function as a double wrap bracelet.
LoveLea's leather choker/wrap bracelet with vintage beads.
LoveLea's leather choker/wrap bracelet.



LoveLea's leather choker/wrap bracelet with vintage beads paired to a dress
LoveLea's leather choker/wrap bracelet.





Maybe you have a pareo or 2, always handy. Pair it with a simple necklace but a contrasting one!

LoveLea's leather necklace with red evil-eye bead and sliding knot
LoveLea's leatherevil-eye necklace 
LoveLea's leather necklace with red evil-eye bead and sliding knot, detail.
Close up of red evil-eye bead.


That red bead is a modern version of the traditional blue evil eye bead. It is new and made out of glass; the necklace has a sliding knot: just pull the two ends to open or close the necklace; sliding knots are so ingenious!


More sliding knot bracelets, very basic but perfect for a teenager's wrist: the beads look the same but they aren't: the left one is slightly more yellow and the right one is a bit more green and the leather is more supple, almost not visible.

LoveLea's leather bracelet with bead and sliding knot
LoveLea's leather bracelet with bead and sliding knot
LoveLea's leather bracelet with bead and sliding knot
LoveLea's leather bracelet with bead and sliding knot


and as last, again a very simple, basic, low key necklace with a single new glass bead and sliding knot; let the bead do the talking:


LoveLea's leather necklace with big bead!
LoveLea's leather necklace with big bead!
LoveLea's leather necklace with big bead, detail!
Close up of bead.


wow, I have a lot of picture this time!

Leather handle for a sophisticated furoshiki bag


Since we are talking beach, pack your stuff into a furoshiki bag! You can make them very easily. The most easy is to take an (old) scarf, a square one the size as you need and fold them as shown here. It is in Japanse but you'll get it, easy peasy and I'm showing you the real stuff. If you don't want to use your scarves, find a piece of (square) cloth, hem it or don't hem it, fold it and there you are. For a beach bag, a good size would be 95x95 cm or 105x105 cm.

But if you like to be sophisticated, use a leather handle with D-rings; this way you can put more stuff into your bag. I saw them on Pinterest and made one myself. A handle looks like this:


LoveLea's pink leatherhandle for furoshiki bag
LoveLea's  pink leather handle for furoshiki bag.


If your cloth or scarf is silk or from a slippery material, when you attach your handle via the d-rings, make, wrap the end around the rings, make a nice knot as extra safety so your bag wont slip out of the rings! It happened to me and it is very very embarrassing!

Furoshiki bag with LoveLea's pink leather handle.
Furoshiki bag with LoveLea's pink leather handle.


With the handles, it does look more like a bag and less a knapsack.


LoveLea with a leather pool bracelet
The author with her leather pool bracelet.

Me, myself and a pool bracelet I made last week!

This is a picture of the old me even if the picture is only 3 days old. Next post, I'll look different. You know who fired this changes (blog and myself ): it is Professor Lyn Slater from Accidental Icon: what a revelation, what a source of courage, what an inspiration!

Yes, I changed the background colors of my blog! I wanted it to be light and airy, but not white! Blogger limits the colors and since screaming, neon colors are not my style, I opted for grey (only 2 shades 😇 😏)  and had to change the color of the fonts too. Do you like it? Is it easy enough, comfortable to read? Tell me in the comments.

By next post, I'll be 65! I'll post lots of pictures of my party, so you'll meet my beloved family!

See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped