Thursday, June 21, 2018

About leather bracelets styled for the pool; my big event; hand painted sheer curtains.

With a Leather Bracelet to the pool.



This is the second part in the paring sequence: pool wear. The next part will be on beach wear. Why this distinction? Leather and water don't go well together! Metal and pool water don't match well either. My beach bracelets are embellished leather strings, while my pool bracelets are more elaborate; you want to look good at he pool, don't you?

When designing this pool bracelets, I made them easy to put on: a snap button. If you decide to have a swim  before hitting the water, with one movement you take them off and when done swimming, with one movement they're back on. And they have some bling content.

Look at this bracelet, one of a kind!


LoveLea's red leather pool bracelet
LoveLea's red leather pool bracelet.


LoveLea's red leather pool bracelet.
LoveLea's red leather pool bracelet, detail.


Make it match, not your clothes, but your bathing suit:

LoveLea's red leather pool bracelet, styled to a bathing suit
LoveLea's red leather pool bracelet, styled to a bathing suit.


The edge of my bathing suit inspired me to another bracelet: I laced the same red leather through (another kind of) chain. Voila!


LoveLea's chain with red leather bracelet.
LoveLea's chain with red leather bracelet.


Here is the same type of leather bracelet in cerulean leather with a slightly yellower chain. Pair this to any bathing suit with metal or gold details.


LoveLea's chain with cerulean leather bracelet styled to a swim suit
LoveLea's chain with cerulean leather bracelet styled to a bathing suit.


And this white leather bracelet will show off your tan!

LoveLea's chain with white leather bracelet.
LoveLea's chain with white leather bracelet.

More pictures and details at my FB shop, here and here.
Remember, if you get one of this bracelets, wear it to the pool, not in the pool, 😃😃.

THE event


Two weeks ago, I told you about an event. Here it comes: within less than 2 weeks, I am turning 65! And I want to celebrate this amidst my family! We will be around 30 people.

Our townhouse is rather small and the garden is only a 20 m², too small for 30 people, I needed to look out for a nice location. My son's companion talked about this with my son and they both agreed I could have my birthday celebration at their place, it is considerably bigger. This is really great!

My confirmation email to the family members is out; when I have my numbers, I can mail the party-rent firm how much tables, chairs I need and glasses, plates and cutlery; and a drinks fridge. I have to check my table cloths for their size, I want the real thing, no paper cloths! My husband and I are doing the catering. We used to run a restaurant and cooking for 30 people is no big deal.

We have been thinking about the menu: I want "Circassion chicken" so very yummi: chicken with walnuts, this is for my husband to prepare; and salmon paté, this is my responsibility; and sorrel omelet! I want 3 salads: a very fancy avocado salad ( I like to be creative), maybe a potato salad and a variety of green leaves salad.

I want some side dishes like hummus, feta cheese in oil, black and green self grown and cured olives, some dips and baguettes or French loafs! Dessert will come straight from the baker. Only the coffee is a problem, I haven't figured that out.

Since we live in Belgium, no celebration without wine and beer! Personally I love apple cider; this is  for ever connected with my youth: my grandmother made apple cider. When we went for a visit in the summer, we would get apple cider diluted with water; once 12, we were aloud to drink it straight, sitting under an umbrella in white painted wooden garden chairs on the lawn. Bonus: apple cider has a low alcohol content.

Some people will stay till late and I will serve a choice of cheeses with bread. Hmm, there  should also be some butter.

I can't wait to turn 65 and have my party!

If you want any of the recipes, ask by email.

Hand painted sheer curtains.


I washed my hand painted sheer curtains. Look how nice and cozy they look at the clothesline! Very intimate. They would look gorgeous as a pavilion!


LoveLea's hand painted sheer curtains.
LoveLea's hand painted sheer curtains.


That's all for this week! My next post will be about beach wear and how to pair it!  and other stuff, of course.

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped