Thursday, December 6, 2018

Make cute little gifts for your beloved ones. Watch out for signs from above to keep you going. Green tomatoes turning red.

Cute gifts for your beloved ones.


Every 2 years, the first weekend of February we come together. We are my brothers and sisters with each their children and grandchildren. I am not the only one with grandchildren any more, we have a 6 month old baby boy.. We find a place big enough for 35 people and spend the weekend together. We explore the area on foot, take turns cooking and doing the dishes and in the evenings we play games. The small children love to be with peers and the bigger "children" talk with aunts and uncles mostly about motorcycles and music! It feels really good to be part of a big family.

Up to now, I've made or bought little presents for the ladies in the family but this year I decided to give at least my 3 brothers a present: so far I have made 3 cute money pouches. Beside my brothers I have 2 brothers-in-law, a bunch of nephews, my nieces have boyfriends and there is my son and my son-in-law. That is a lot of people! My husband doesn't want one. I haven't decided yet for who I"ll make a pouch. I have 6 weeks left and if I can make a pouch for every guy, all the better.



LoveLea's money pouches
LoveLea's 3 cute leather money pouches.


LoveLea's navy skull head money pouch
LoveLea's navy leather skull head 
money pouch


I might make a tuto for the pouches within 2 weeks.

A sign from above or a synchronicity tale!


One week after Halloween, I went with my daughter and grand daughter shopping and wandering around to a city a 30 minutes ride away. There is a popular shop that sells all kinds of carnival stuff and spoofs and they had a huge collections skulls, skeletons etc. Since the selling of my skull bracelets didn't go the way I liked, I decided to give this shop a try. I am talking about these bracelets.

LoveLea's 2 skull sliding knot bracelet
LoveLea's 2 skull sliding knot bracelet

And here is a red eyed skull!


LoveLea's red eyed skull bracelet



Back home I immediately went to work, ordered some more leather lace and made a variety of bracelets and necklaces in size S, M and L, put them in plastic grip bags, tagged them and made a price list.  During this preparations I visualized people liking and buying my jewelry and telling others about it.

I decided to go on Friday and took 2 collections with me. There is a store that sells handmade and very unusual jewelry and they might be interested in my vintage button collection.


Lovelea's vintage button bracelets
Lovelea's vintage button bracelets




Lovelea's red vintage button bracelets
Lovelea's red vintage button bracelet.


And this is not only my favorite bracelet, it has been liked a lot on Pinterest and Facebook! I call it my mystery bracelet!

Lovelea's mystery bracelet.
Lovelea's mystery bracelet.

I took the train, a mere 12 min ride and went straight to the shop. Only the weekly Friday market was held temporary in the main street. People take their time to look at the stands and talk to friends and acquaintances in the middle of the street so it took me a while to get through the crowd.

I continued my way but this time my road across a market place was blocked and closed for passersby because of XMas preparations.  I had to take the surrounding narrow streets full of vans delivering what they had to deliver. Meandering through the narrow streets and vans I had a vision that I was wandering through a narrow pipe, as an esophagus, something like Alice in wonderland and I said to myself: you'll get where you want to go even if it may take a while.

Finally I reached the shop and showed my jewelry. The girl in charge liked my products only she was afraid my products were to expensive for their customers who are mostly students on a tight budget. However she took my price list and business cards and I left a pair of earrings to show to her boss. I asked her about the other shop I had in mind; sadly it had closed. She gave me directions for a shop selling hippy clothes so they might be interested in leather jewelry.

I found the hippy shop easily and when I told the shop owner that I had some leather jewelry to show, he shouted "no" at me. I said: you don't want to have a look, he again shouted no. It wasn't even early in the morning. OMG, what a humiliating experience! I made the intention, right at that moment to never treat sales people as I had been treated.

I didn't allow this second set back to damper my spirits and went a couple shops back to Dandy's&Diva's where I had seen Steampunk mannequins in the window display. I couldn't make out what kind of shop it was but still went inside. The girl in charge, dressed and coiffed in punk style, clearly the owner of this hairdresser salon, was very nice and friendly and genuinely liked my products but wasn't sure if she could sell them and would think it over and let me know. It"s not a yes, but everything is still possible!

All my business done, I bought a sandwich, more out of nostalgia ( I was a student for 4 years in this city) than of hunger and took the train back home. Looking at the passing lovely landscape, I kept telling myself: something better is waiting for you; I didn't want to slump in a negative spiral. But I had an even better message in store!

Back home, I went to work and when I looked up, there was a beautiful and clear rainbow in the sky! Yes: this was a sign from above that I am being watched over, cared for! Remember: butterflies,  feathers, rainbows, special music, a song or words are signs from above. But you have to be alert and attentive, mindful!

Am I not a lucky person!

Green tomatoes turning red

I was stuck with lots of green tomatoes when the weather turned cold; some of them I fermented into relish and another part I put into a box with 2 apples. It seems that apples sent out a gas to warn the others: hey it's time to get ripe. Other fruits can benefit from this gas and I put the tomatoes nicely spread so they won't touch each other in a box together with 2 apples. Almost all of them have turned red and are ready to eat. I am a color freak, don't they look nice and see how many shades of red there are.


Green tomatoes turning red with the help of apples
Green tomatoes turning red
 with the help of apples


That's it for this week! I will be busy the next weeks and it might take me 2 weeks to get a tuto ready about the making of the pouches, still in time for anybody who wants to make a cute XMas present.

See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped