Thursday, December 20, 2018

Photo shoot with my daughter for my mood board!

Last weekend I visited my daughter and her family. They like a cool house, between 16 en 18°, my husband loves a hothouse, 22 à 24° and stayed at home. I had everybody for myself and all attention on me. Sometimes it is o.k. to leave your spouse behind.

How good it feels to hug my grand children, to feel their tiny bodies in my arms, play games with them, feel that you count in their life. And babbling with my daughter while doing the dishes or hanging up the laundry together and close the day, watching a movie with my daughter and son-in-law.

On Friday we walked the dog while picking up my grand daughter from school, on Saturday we celebrated my son-in-law's birthday with their friends and on Sunday we took pictures.

announced in my last post that I am working full speed on manifesting a shop that will sell my jewelry by 19 January 2019. By that time I want a collage ready that shows off my products in a favorable way. Jewels look best on a model. I had asked my daughter before if I could use her lovely and groomed hands but she didn't feel like it. In a last attempt, I told my daughter that I had some jewels with me if she felt like modelling.

On Saturday night lying in bed and going over the day, I had given up all hope of having a photo shoot. But! on Sunday at the breakfast table, my daughter said: did you read my mail? I hadn't so she said: well, I decided to do help you with the photo shoot!

Self-help books always say that you shouldn't try too much; if you did everything you can possibly do, then let go. And the books are right, here was the proof: I had given up all idea of having a photo shoot, saying: I have to do it by myself and now: here it is.

Breakfast over, my daughter renewed her mail polish, rubbed lotion on her hands; it is incredible how each tiny unwanted detail shows up in an image. We choose some outfits, tried out different poses and light positions, decided which outfit would go with what bracelet or necklace and started shooting, my son-in-law and I. Wow, this shooting is no small stuff, it was exhausting and for the model and for the shooters; we didn't last more than 1 hour.

Have a preview of the mood pictures I have in mind for my mood board; I want to suggest 2 vibes: chic elegance and badass punk.


LoveLea's red leather glam bracelet and punk bracelet; courtesy of F Vaessen
LoveLea's glam bracelet and punk bracelet
 in red leather&metal;
 courtesy of F Vaessen
Here I have the two styles in 1 picture. I like the image but maybe it is a bit too nice.


Punk style jewels


The three following pictures are of my punk line:


LoveLea's punk style black choker
LoveLea's punk style black  choker

LoveLea's punk style black choker and bracelet
LoveLea's punk style black choker and bracelet

The bracelet and the choker are not a set, but can be worn together. And below is a cow hide bracelet in punk style.



LoveLea's punk style cow hide bracelet; courtesy of F Vaessen
LoveLea's punk style cow hide bracelet;
courtesy of F Vaessen

or I might choose a picture in B/W:



LoveLea's punk style cow hide bracelet  in black/white
LoveLea's punk style cow hide bracelet
 in black/white

Chic, glam and elegant jewels


This glamorous, elegant and chic line is a favorite of me; the chunky chain and the more sensual leather are a good team. Have a look at a bracelet with tassels and a necklace in the same version.


LoveLea's glam dark brown leather&metal bracelet, courtesy of F Vaessen
LoveLea's glam dark brown leather&metal bracelet, 
courtesy of F Vaessen




LoveLea's glam white leather&metal necklace, courtesy of F Vaessen
LoveLea's glam white leather&metal necklace,
 courtesy of F Vaessen

Another glam leather&metal necklace in a different version. This image has a chic and elegant feel:


LoveLea's glam navy  leather&metal necklace.
LoveLea's glam navy  leather&metal necklace.


Well, this is it for this week. I still have to take pictures of my workplace; or I might show some  impressive tools on my mood board and/or a picture of my (mini) leather stock.

What do YOU think of my pictures? Do they show the vibe I have in mind: chic elegance and punk? Tell me about it, please.

Next week, I'll show you some pictures of my work shop, tools and my stack of leather. See you.

1 comment:

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped