Friday, February 22, 2019

Have a look at my new jewelry line for men. Have a sacred grounded object! And have a Sister Day!

Fish skin for men jewelry.


In my last post I have a picture of the fish skin I ordered. The skin is not very supple nor flexible or bendable, almost brittle. I should have thought earlier on to make a small bracelet for myself  and test out how flexible or supple this skin actually is. I can still do this of course. I guess I was too eager to create something new. What I did is making a regular bracelet and embellished it with a strip of fish skin. Since I claim to make unique pieces I have to be true to my word and I made 3 bracelets in size S, M and L (I looked up on the internet what is a standard measure for men wrists) in different leather and with separate strips of fish skin.


Lovelea's leather&fish skin bracelets
Lovelea's choice of
leather&fish skin bracelets


This style of bracelet would suit a dressy outfit perfectly as a more casual one..


Lovelea's leather&fish skin bracelet
Lovelea's leather&fish skin bracelet



Your sacred grounded object

Negative thoughts attract negative thoughts and once you are in a negative mood, you get more and more gloomy, dreary and somber. But how do you get out of this spiral?

Jen Mazer has different ways for you to do this:  whenever you catch yourself having a negative thought, "Focus on what makes you feel good— on what you want to attract", says Mazer, Jen. Manifesting Made Easy: How to Harness the Law of Attraction to Get What You Really Want (p. 145). Adams Media. Kindle Edition. It is obvious that negative thoughts in itself or not to avoid, see them as an opportunity to refocus on what you really want! Just don't get caught in a downwards spiral of negative thinking, do make an effort to get out!

A second thing you can do is to "find an opposite statement". Change f.i. “I have so much work to do” into “I’m so lucky I have a thriving business and get payed well". Mazer, Jen. Manifesting Made Easy: How to Harness the Law of Attraction to Get What You Really Want (p. 146). Adams Media. Kindle Edition.

A third way is "to choose a sacred grounding object that will remind you that your dream is on its way". Mazer, Jen. Manifesting Made Easy: How to Harness the Law of Attraction to Get What You Really Want (p. 146). Adams Media. Kindle Edition. Language is very powerful and your mind believes everything you say, so pay attention to what you say and how you say it!

What does this mean? How do you do this? Find an object that talks to you (jewelry or a stone, a shell) that you can carry easily; hold it in your hand and envision your dream manifested. By doing this your stone or piece of jewelry that you have chosen becomes sacred. Now it is not a random stone anymore, at least  to you but a stone with a meaning, a sacred stone. Use this sacred object as a reminder of your dream or a reminder to be in a positive state of mind. Your sacred object takes you back to a better state of mind and grounds you to this state of mind.

Until now I have used a tree. It works splendid, grand. I only have to close my eyes and look at my tree and I feel instantly better. I didn't want a physical object as a sacred grounding object because you need a pocket to carry around an object. While I was writing all this down for you my reader, a thought came into my mind: I'am carrying my alliance all the time, I could use my alliance as a sacred grounding object; you could use your alliance or any other ring or necklace you wear all year round as you sacred grounding.object

Sister Day in Lille, France.


Though we saw each other during the family weekend (read here and here), we held a sister day. The reason is that one of my sisters lives abroad and it was now or next year to come together just the 4 of us.


4 sisters in Lille, France
4 sisters in Lille, France; second to the left is me.



We chose Lille/Rijsel because of the nostalgic attachment we have to this city and to see the amazing scenery painted on the walls of Lille-Europe Station.


Wall Paintings of Lille-Europe station
Wall Paintings of Lille-Europe station


This pictures are huge and cover several m²:


Wall Paintings of Lille-Europe station
Wall Paintings of Lille-Europe station


Our family is native of the Lille/Rijsel region, the same region where the movie Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis.takes place. You might not know that this city ones was part of Flanders till 1667 when Louis XIV conquered the city. My grand mother had her dressmaker in Rijsel and occasionally she invited two of my brothers and sisters to come along. Even though we had to wait a long time while my grandma's new clothes were adjusted, we loved to come along because we could have a drive in her car, a fabulous dark gris Citroën DS with ultrasoft cushions (few people had a car at that time) and once my grandma's business finished we had hot chocolate and croissants in a pastry shop. 55 Years ago, only in France did they have croissants, now every bakery makes them.

We agreed to visit The Museum of Fine Arts. It is housed in a very imposing building and is said to be the second best or biggest I can't remember after The Louvre. I' ve never visited the Louvre, but this museum is huge, chock-full of paintings, sculptures, faience etc. We started out at ease before noon with the Antiquity - (a summary section) and Middle Ages section but realized soon that the museum was unexpectedly big and huge and immense. We had a good look at paintings of Brueghel and Bosh, The impressionist were located in a corridor and I could examine and marvel at all the brushstrokes right in front of me of  Manet, Monet, Turner, Goya. The Renaissance section was visited swiftly and at last galloped through the Modern period because at 14.30 your brain can't take any more in and your body is craving for food.

We tasted a local dish with maroilles, a kind of cheese as lunch and decided to have our coffee at Meert's, Lille's most famous, most visited, popular and stylish patisserie since 1761. Compare it to Florian's in Venice. Meert's  is not very big and there was a waiting line of 10 people, waiting time: 30'. I asked for and got the permission to take a picture at least.


Inside of Patisserie Meert, Lille, France
Inside of Patisserie Meert, Lille, France


Meert is a beautiful jewel in a  jewelry shrine; please admire this facade!.


 Patisserie Meert, Lille, France
Facade of Patisserie Meert, Lille, France


Thus we strolled through the small and meandering streets of the old center. My sister had a must see address: la droguerie with beautiful yarns, cute buttons, special sewing haberdashery. I bought an interesting and tasty round goat cheese and  very tasty running Corsican herb cheese at Fromageries Philippe Olivier;


Goat cheese from Fromagerie Philippe Olivier, Lille, France
Anneau de Vic Bilh, Goat cheese from
 Fromagerie Philippe Olivier, Lille, France


 by the way, we past by a lot of small "fromageries" with very mouthwatering looking window displays. We visited the bookshop Librairie Furet du Nord where my dad used to buy the very good Michelin Road Maps. The last place we visited was "la vieille Bourse" a magnificent building with a superb inner courtyard full of stands selling old books, old prints, postcards, maps before heading back to the train station.


Book stalls at Vieille Bourse, Lille, France
Book stalls at Vieille Bourse, Lille, France



Why having a sister day

or a friends day: what counts is that you are together with people you love and can trust totally; people you know well and who know you well and you can say all you want without holding back because your sisters or friends know it is you speaking and know what you mean. It is very refreshing and liberating and leaves you full of energy. A sister day is like a hot bath on a cold day! Organize your own sister day!

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped quote!

The event of the year Last Friday it was my daughter's birthday and it was the first day of Suikerrock, a 3 day rock festival in our...

The event of the year (in my town), Pro's of having a dog, How I excorcise inspiration; My revamped